After living at Beach Breakers Sunrise Beach Resort since 2005, we’ve hosted tens of thousands of visitors from all over the world. They come from all walks of life but they all want to enjoy our self-catering accommodation, experience Noosa and relax on our long sandy beach.
Some guests come for two nights, others for a long weekend and many come for an extended holiday. There are plenty of Sydneysiders, Melbournites and New Zealanders who flock to Noosa for months at a time over winter.
Apart from seeking comfortable, good value accommodation in Noosa, many of our guests also have a sporting interest in common. Although Sunrise Beach area is literally a 10-minute drive or bus ride from Noosa Main Beach, Hastings Street and Noosa National Park, there are also plenty of sporting attractions right here.
Many of our guests choose to stay at Beach Breakers resort because Sunrise Beach is the hub for most of Noosa’s sporting activities and they want to be close by.
These are the sports you can find on our doorstep:
- Tennis – We’ve got our own full-sized tennis court for you to practice or play on here in the resort. In addition, if you want to meet other tennis players, or are visiting Noosa specifically for a tennis tournament, the Noosa Tennis Club (http://www.noosatennis.org.au/) is only 2km away.
- Swimming – Just next door to the tennis club, the Noosa Aquatic Centre (https://www.noosaaquaticcentre.com.au/) has three outdoor heated pools: 50m, 25m and a kid’s pool with spa. Some of our guests visit for swimming carnivals or to train in warm water with some of the best swimmers and swimming coaches in the world. If you prefer to swim in the sea, Sunrise Beach has an area patrolled by lifesavers every weekend from September to April and during the Christmas and Easter Queensland school holidays.
- Surfing – Sunrise Beach is literally across the road from our resort, so when the surf is pumping this is where every surfer wants to be.
- Kite surfing – When it’s too windy for surfing, the kite surfers come here to play.
- Rugby – Generally held every year in November, the International Rugby Sevens Festival (http://www.noosainternationalsevens.com.au/) takes place at the Noosa Dolphins Rugby Club which is 2km from Beach Breakers resort. For rugby fans it’s a chance to see world-class rugby action up close, in an informal atmosphere.
- Nippers Carnivals – Nipper’s carnivals at Sunshine Beach and Noosa Heads surf clubs are easy to get to from our Sunrise Beach accommodation. Sunshine Beach Surf Life Saving Club is only 3km away by car or an easy 1.5km walk down the beach.
- Soccer – Noosa Lions Soccer Club is also only 3km away, making Beach Breakers the perfect Noosa accommodation choice for soccer teams playing away games or taking part in a soccer carnival.
- Athletics – Just 3km away from us, the Girraween Sports Complex hosts athletics carnivals over the summer and the track is always open for running practice.
- Cycling – There are incredible road biking and mountain biking opportunities in and around Noosa, and the nearby Girraween Sports Complex has a 960m bike track which hosts regular criterium races, with cyclists coming from all over Queensland to attend and participate.
- Triathlon – Noosa is the biggest triathlon in the world. If you’re coming to train, participate or watch, triathlon event shuttles leave from Sunrise Beach, as do the public buses from a bus stop right outside our resort.
- Surf Fishing – Sunrise Beach is the perfect place to try your luck casting right off the sand for Bream, Flathead, Whiting and Dart which are present all year round. In the winter you can catch Mulloway at sunrise or sunset. Just south of our beach access, there’s also a creek with Mulloway and Tailor attracted to the runoff. Of course, there’s a barbecue at the resort where you can cook your catch.
- Hang-Gliding and Paragliding – Just a couple of blocks from our resort, there’s a high point over the beach at Tingira Crescent where you can launch your hang-glider or go parapenting for fantastic views across the Sunshine Coast beaches and hinterland.
Are you looking for accommodation in Noosa?
Located on the beach at Sunrise Beach, Beach Breakers Resort is ideally situated for people visiting Noosa to participate in or watch any of the sports listed here.
We guarantee you’ll get a better deal by booking directly with us than you will through any online accommodation booking website or app.
Or book directly with us online for an instant guaranteed booking.